Image Map

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Chicken Tostadas

I'm so proud of myself because on Sunday I finally made dinner for the Chef. He is so great about cooking the majority of the meals in the house, so while he caught up on the US Open, I made him dinner. This one is really easy and fairly quick. The longest part is just waiting for the chicken to cook.


Recipe from EMeals: serves 2 with leftovers 
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (we used chicken thighs, cheaper and we were using them for a different recipe later in the week)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp chili powder
2 whole wheat tortillas
2 Tbs chopped cilantro
1 ripe avocado, mashed
2 tsp lime juice
1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
1/2 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/2 cup fresh salsa

Preheat oven to 375. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder, place chicken in baking dish. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until done. Cool and shred chicken. Toast tortillas in oven 2-3 minutes. Combine avocado, cilantro, and lime juice and mash with a fork. Spread avocado over each tortilla. Top with lettuce, tomato, onion, chicken, and salsa.

For a side to this dish, I boiled two ears of corn and sprinkled it with salt and pepper. We also had a side of fruit: fresh pineapple, strawberries, and blueberries with lemon juice and rind.

Linking up with Jessica and Ashley

5 comments:

  1. YUMM! We just had fish tacos and both realized how much we love any kind of taco. These sound so good! Thanks for linking up with Jess and I!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks soooo yummy! I love the avocado on them! Also, I'm loving how much you have been updating lately ;) Sorry we missed you this past weekend :(
    <3 Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be so good for taco tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm...Looks really good! Thanks for the recipe. =0)
    I'm a new GFC and bloglovin follower. I'd like to also invite you to my blog to join us at Meet & Greet:
    http://www.2justbyou.com/2013/06/meet-greet-blog-hop-30.html
    ~Kim
    www.2justByou.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMM this looks super yummy!! xo

    ReplyDelete