Image Map

Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekend Recap: thankful for Aida

We thought our lives would settle down a little bit after our European vacation; however, we're traveling and have our weekends booked to the max for most of the summer. We love being busy, but it sure is exhausting. 

This past weekend, we drove up to DC to visit my brother and SIL and also spend time with the Chef's family. Besides the drive, it was a very relaxing weekend spent with family. After seeing everyone, it makes me miss them even more. 

We got home yesterday afternoon and got ourselves organized for the week: grocery shopping and Jeff got caught up on the US Open with Aida. 

After dinner, Jeff noticed Aida started drooling on her bed (something she never does), he called her over and when she came she could hardly walk, was shaking, and did not have any control of her body. 

It looked to me like a seizure, so we had her lay down with me while Jeff called the emergency vet. After about five minutes, she stopped shaking and seemed fine. We decided to take her to the vet just to be sure. She acted fine going there and freaked out at the vet, which she always does. 

The vet checked her out and said she passed his neuro tests. He said it could have been an isolated event or it could happen again. With his advice we decided not to pursue diagnostic testing unless it happens again. 

Now we're just trying to watch her closely and hope that it doesn't reoccur. I love this sweet dog so much and after having that happen yesterday made me freak out internally about her. Let's just hope she is seizure free from now on! 

What an ending to a weekend right? I'm just thankful she is back to normal.

And I promise I'm working on Europe posts for this week. Sorry, I've made you wait so long.

Linking up with Shami, LeeAnn, and Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! That is so scary, I'm glad she's doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad she's OK. It's such a scare! She's a beautiful dog.
    I'm looking forward to your Europe posts. I've never been there before, but I daydream about visiting one day.
    ~Kim
    www.2justByou.com

    ReplyDelete