Image Map

Monday, February 9, 2015

Maternity Monday: weeks 35 & 36

Week 35: The weeks are flying! 

I'm so glad that we've made it to 35 weeks! I know it's irrational but for so much of my pregnancy I was nervous she would come early and have lots of medical issues (I know too much being a PICU nurse). Now, I can breath easier because she's almost full term. 

I'm definitely more tired/get worn out more easily these days, but I actually have loved the third trimester. I love that I am feeling CHP move all the time with big kicks and jabs. And I feel so much better about her upcoming arrival now that house projects are getting done and her nursery is finished.

The best part of this week came on Saturday. I met one of my out-of-town friends for a Pure Barre class, and then we drove to another friends for what I thought was lunch. They completely surprised me with a baby shower! Tracey, my sweet and incredible hair stylist, and the PB girls are so kind and thoughtful. It meant so much to me to spend the afternoon with them celebrating CHP! 

Week 36: After my night shifts this week, we met our pediatrician. I like the practice and am excited that they'll be visiting us in the hospital every day to check on CHP.

For only working two shifts this week, it ended up being a packed week full of fun things. My mom came into town for a couple of days, I got my hair cut and colored by Tracey, I had an OB appointment, and met PICU friends for hot mini donuts and lattes at Sola.

Friday evening and Saturday, I went to IF: Local. I loved IF: Gathering last year and was excited to meet Raleigh women interested in IF. Last year, it was hard to explain my excitement and passion about this conference. So, it was great connecting with women who are excited about gathering, community, and change.

1 comment: