Image Map

Monday, February 16, 2015

Maternity Monday: week 37

Week 37, you were a little bit of a crazy one. I worked my last shift this week! After discussing it for a while, J and I decided it would be best if I stopped after this week and had a week or two to relax and prep for CHP's arrival. I worked Monday, and then came down with a horrible stomach bug that night. I ended up missing my last shift on Tuesday and laying in bed watching Parenthood and napping all day trying to keep crackers down. 

I finally started feeling better on Thursday and went out to do some errands and started having contractions! I thought for sure we would meet CHP that night but by the time I got home they had slowed down and stopped that night. 
We got to see CHP at our appointment on Friday. I'm so glad that my OBs have continued to check her growth since I'm continuing to measure behind, and she said that CHP is full term, so she can come any time. CHP is already 6lbs 10oz!

J and I are soaking up the weekends and time together; we're always anticipating that it might be our last days without CHP. It's such a crazy feeling that she could be here today or in three weeks.

We aren't huge Valentine's Day people, but for our last one, we went to my favorite brunch place: Joule. We spent the afternoon grabbing cupcakes from The Cupcake Shoppe Bakery (they made our gender reveal cake), driving around looking at houses, and checking out a furniture store before J made a delicious steak, mashed potatoes, and asparagus dinner. It was a great weekend and might be one of our last. I'm so excited and nervous to meet our sweet girl.

1 comment: