Image Map

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

a little weekend on Wednesday

So it's Wednesday, and I'm just getting around to what we did last weekend. Can I blame it on the fact that I've been working nights, and if it weren't for the Chef having a normal job, I'd never know what day it really was? 

Friday night, our neighbors (from our last apartment) came to have dinner, drinks, and to see our apartment. We met them at Yard House which was as good as always. I can't seem to get enough of the Hawaiian mule drink. It was so much fun getting to see them, hearing about Scott and Julie's upcoming wedding, and just catch up. 

We also stopped by World of Beer which had a live band, great beer for the beer drinkers as well as ciders. 

We think they liked our apartment...but Kyle really loved the lobby with the free mints. 


Saturday morning, the Chef went to the gym while I laid out at the pool before a rowdy five kid family showed up. Let's just say, the Chef and I will never have five kids and especially not all under 10 years old. It was crazy! 

He got back, and we headed to the Farmer's Market. It was smaller than the Durham one, but I loved the vendors, especially the cheese stand. We'll definitely be seeing him again soon. 

After a cheese snack, I headed over to take a Pure Barre intensive class. I've never taken one before and loved that this quarter it was a outer thigh intensive. I definitely need it, and wish they offered it more often. 
photo from PureBarreRTP's IG
After PB, we relaxed a little bit before church at the Summit. I loved going on Saturdays and then having date night afterwards. We haven't done this together in a few weeks, and it's always one of my favorite times of the week.

We chose Gravy this week based on a friend's recommendation, and it was phenomenal. A lot of times when we go out, if it's just the two of us, we like to sit at the bar. It can be more private with sitting right next to each other. And I think I like it because it reminds me of when we were first married and used to go out and get drinks and appetizers together (we never wanted liked waiting for a table in DC).

At Gravy, we split a bottle of wine, the salami board, and the chicken cannelloni. Everything was delicious and the bartenders were fabulous.

Afterwards, I indulged in the banana pudding ice cream with a waffle cone at Pop-up Ice Cream Parlour. 


And before I knew the weekend was rudely ended by having to work Sunday night shift. Oh well, we otherwise had another great Raleigh weekend. 

Linking up with Shami and LeeAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment