Image Map

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Fair Trade Fashion

I have been slowly getting through 7: A Mutiny against Excess. It is definitely a hard read, not because it's difficult to physically read, but it's extremely challenging and thought provoking. Through this book, I have been challenged to think differently about how much I have been blessed with in life.

I've been challenged to start making purchases that support fair trade and women and wanted to share three businesses for today's Wearable Wednesday.

FashionABLE works with women in Africa helping to create sustainable business to fight against poverty.  Purchasing a scarf is a great investment in others' lives, and I'll be making my first purchase when we get home.
via
Noonday supports raising money for adoptions and providing funds for orphan care. They have fabulous jewelry as well as bags, scarves, and home decor items.
via
I am in love with Better Life Bags and have my eye on the "Molly" bag that can be customized. It is the perfect size and shape for around town, traveling, or for going back and forth to work. And this bag is made all the sweeter because it supports low income workers in Detroit with other giving to entreprenuers in developing countries.
via
You should check these shops out and support their causes!

1 comment:

  1. Yes girl! I am all about some Jen Hatmaker and all about some Fair trade! Favorite blog post on S&S yet! Have you heard about the Summit's women's book study on 7 happening this summer? I'm going and would absolutely love to see you there too :)

    ReplyDelete