Image Map

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Gender Reveal Party

Our gender reveal party was months ago, but I never got around to blogging about it until now. (I'm catching up on things thanks to maternity leave). We decided not to find out the gender until the day of the party with our family and friends. It was such an exciting moment, and I'm so glad we decided to find out this way.

At our 18 week ultrasound, we had our ultrasound lady write the gender on an index card and place it into an envelope that I dropped off at the bakers. I cannot say enough great things about The Cupcake Shoppe. They created a gorgeous, delicious cake, and even placed the mini banner that I made on top, so I wouldn't mess it up and find out the gender early. If you need a cake, cupcakes, or cookies, I highly recommend them. Plus, if you follow them on IG, you'll drool over their creations.


The Cupcake Shoppe
On the invitation, I wrote that everyone should wear pink or blue to cast their vote. It was fun to see everyone's picks, and surprisingly, it was completely even on boy or girl. Once everyone arrived, we both cut into the cake and couldn't believe it was a GIRL!


I was so excited I apparently almost threw the cake over my head while I was dancing around. I've always wanted a little girl. I want a boy too, but I'm so excited that our first will be a girl. I just couldn't believe it because I thought the whole time that our baby was a boy. We had picked a girl name at the very beginning of pregnancy but were stuck about a boy's until the week of the party. I thought that might be a sign that it was a boy since we finally found one we both liked. But it's a sweet little girl who we get to meet soon!


The details...
Honestly, I'm not a very creative person, so I turned to pinterest for all of my party inspiration. Almost everything that I made is on this board

We kept the food easy for this party, so we could enjoy time with our family and friends instead of stressing about timing or keeping things hot. Everything was made either the day before or the morning of the party. 

You can see from the spread, it was pretty simple. We did ham & cheese sandwiches, chicken salad croissants, veggies & dip, fruit bow ties, meatballs, drinks, and cake


The above mantel banner, behind me and my sister, was made out of blue and pink polka dot tissue paper. I saw straws on pinterest that were mustaches, so I copied them and cut out bow ties from felt. And I made bows out of the napkins to hold the silverware.


We had so much fun hosting this party, and I would definitely do a gender reveal party again. I loved the anticipation and excitement of finding out our baby's gender with so many loved ones.

1 comment:

  1. I love the bow details. Also, your house is beautiful. Congratulations on you beautiful girl and enjoy every moment of maternity leave.

    ReplyDelete