Image Map

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Energy Bites

I found these amazing energy bites on Pinterest and couldn't help sharing them for Taste of Tuesday. The chef and I have been hitting up a new workout place called Burn and have been looking for new pre or post workout snacks. These bites are packed full of protein, and I love that I know every single ingredient of my new "bars". Plus, they are cheaper than buying other all natural bars, and you can modify the add-ins for different batches each time. 

These Energy Bites have quickly become my new favorite snack before work, the gym, or during a long shift at work. You should definitely try them. 
Recipe from Riches to Rags with a few modifications
1 cup dry old-fashioned oatmeal
1 cup toasted coconut flakes
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup dried blueberries
handful of sunflower seeds or almonds slivers 
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine all the ingredients, chill for 30mins and then roll into bite sizes. Store in your refrigerator for up to a week.

Follow on Bloglovin


Linking up with Jessica and Ashley

2 comments:

  1. I've made a similar version of these before and LOVE them!! I have a hard time just eating one because they are so good! Thanks for linking up with us!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try these!! I could definitely use some additional energy! :)

    Thanks for linking up with Ash and I!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete