Image Map

Friday, April 12, 2013

workin on my fitness

Do you remember this song? Takes me back to college days.

At the end of college, I finally decided I needed to get in shape and get healthy. Why I didn't decide to do this sooner is beyond me. 

Ok, let's be honest, I got engaged, read Skinny Bitch and decided to go veggie and start exercising. 

I tried going to the gym at college and that worked for a while, but I didn't see results. 

After college and moving to Baltimore, I saw lots of blog posts and facebook statuses about Pure Barre and how it was changing bodies. 

There weren't any PBs in my area, so I started going to Baltimore Barre and in a month I lost seven inches between my waist, thighs, arms, and hips. I finally found my workout. 

Since we moved again, I found a Pure Barre and committed to going as often as possible every week. 
source
I love the that PB sculpts, strengthens, and elongates my muscles and body. While I love working out, I have a hard time getting motivated on my own, so I love taking classes because the instructors push me to dig deeper and find my shake and burn.
source
It has been a life style change for me to stop relying on good genes to keep me small, but to really want a toned body and work for it. I love these classes and highly recommend trying one out.

Linking up with Kelly's Korner

2 comments:

  1. I miss pure barre so very much! My next city requirement when we move is it must have a PB! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone loves Pure Barre! I've heard so many great things about it, but can't get over the initial sticker shock yet, ha. Especially because we already pay for 2 gym memberships.

    ReplyDelete